Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Would!

If you wrote me love notes,
Scribed on withered autumn leaves,
I would drape them over
As a blanket would cover my grieves.
For when the cold winter comes,
The red and yellow and the golden brown leaves
Will keep me warm, as warm can be.

And when the leaves would dance to your melody,
I would then, fall in love with thee.


If you found the choicest words
And wrote me a love song
Sung so merrily, echoing by the stars,
Carried by the soft breeze,
Ah, this tune to which the snowflakes appease!
As the moonbeams cascade,
A musical serenade-

My love, I would then sing unto you,
My heart would then, beat solely for you.


If you painted your endless love for me,
At the exact spot where,
The sunrays heave their last breath:
A picture of your lips drawing to mine
Using a brush so light and fine.
Drawing my arms around your waist,
Erasing all doubts in haste,
Leaving behind a portrait so chaste.

Standing on that picturesque dew
I would then, promise to spend my life with you.


-Vishal Gulati

No comments: