Sunday, February 10, 2008

A CO-INCIDENCE


An obtrusive past I carried,
An experience to be soon forgotten
But I lived to regret it -
My dreams were at a nadir:
Cindrella had absconded
And thus ceded to be a Cassandra.

Yet life is full of co-incidences;
And one such got with it
An unnegatable gaze
An act of God.
Once again I saw Utopia
In the nymph's charismatic ways.

Her bold ways restored my faiths;
Her retrospect on me
Revamped my inside
A feel of fire and ice;
Her friendship seemed a star
In a myriad of empty skies.

In each's company we sought
The love in life we had lost;
Each longed to be with the other
We nattered away hour after hour
And at a lone star when we looked
Each silently wished to stay like this forever.

And in the auspicious twilight
When my love was upon her cast
The February sun dimmed its rays,
The magical, lambent light of her face fade
And as she lay static - trying to fight the past
She knew; It was all in vain.

The world's a paradox,
Love is still a mystery
Blessed is St. Valentine
For his name is Love in history.
Friendship is a start, Love's a end-all
Unfortunate are those who dont understand this at all.

Her friendship is as true to me
As whiteness is to a dove;
Co-incidence it may have been
But I know it will bring me one more.
And whilst I wait, I hope
This one fills me with everlasting love.

4 comments:

Health Advice said...

clap, clap, clap

amazing work

plzz keep penning more :)

Vishal Gulati said...

:)Honored.

Unknown said...

u seem really .... unhappy????p

Vishal Gulati said...

Anna, isn't happiness a relative term? Moreover, it's good to know that you could gauge the underlying tone of the poem... Makes me believe that the poem delivers.

Thanks for the read.